Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Lot's of News!

Summer time is always busy I guess:) We had a wonderful time camping over Labor Day weekend. Once we got home on Monday my son started getting sick:( Over the next couple days he got worse and worse. He had a terrible cough, runny nose and a fever. So on Friday I took him to urgent care, since his doctor was out, of course. Urgent care told me he had a virus and to give him Tylenol and let it run it's course. Well Saturday morning (my 30th birthday) he was running a temperature over 103 degrees, so I called his doctor and luckily got a hold of her. She met us at the hospital and she checked him over. Come to find out he had croup. Ever heard of it? I hadn't. It is the toddler form of bronchitis. I have NO clue on how he got it. It's been close to 1oo degrees outside! Maybe the air conditioner in the trailer when camping?? I don't know. She prescribed him a steroid and some antibiotics, because the steroids could make him get a bacterial infection and he is much better now. He still has quite the cough and runny nose but the fever has past and he is up and about:) Back to chasing and throwing things at the dogs! So as you can read my 30th birthday was NOTHING like I thought it would be! But it's okay, I can celebrate at another time. My son needed me to hold him that day, so I did:)

Some good news, I have a new niece!!!! She was born September 8th at 10:49pm. She weighed 8lbs 11oz, big girl! There was some complications when she was first born, so she is in the NIC unit at the hospital. She is COMPLETELY okay now, they just want to monitor her a little longer. She had a pin size hole in her lung which is believed to have already closed on it's own now, thank God! Her name is Alyssa Lynn and I have yet to see a picture. Everyone's cell phones are dead, go figure and no one has a laptop. Arggggh! Patience right:)

For today I am posting a card I made for a friend/ co-worker of mine. Her birthday is this week, so I wanted to give her something sweet:) I used the stamp Sweet Moments from Hero Arts and colored it in with my Copics. I used Liquid Applique for the whipped cream and used a heating tool to make it fluff:) I used two different Cuttlebug folders for the background to give some texture. A little ribbon and voila a sweet card!

Last little note we are getting new items in every week so keep checking. Remember if there is something you don't see, just let me know and I can order it for you!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited to add: OMG, what was I thinking? I forgot some other big news. Pink Cat Studio released a new set today! It's called Christmas Kitty Plate #1. Check her out, super adorable!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by and as always Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

Shari said...

Becky told me about your site. I love your stuff! Especially this card

Theresa Tyree said...

Hi Sweetheart! Ijust had carpal tunnel surgery yesterday, so no scrappin' for me for a while at least. While I'm down, I just thought I'd pop on over to see what was new and what you're up to!!
Tree
XOX

Theresa Tyree said...

OOpps! Forgot to say, HAPPY BIRHTDAY!!! Mmmmuuuuaaaahhh!!